Monday 11 June 2007

Assessment #2 Blog Post

I think after all this blogging I have learnt that blogging is now essential to most people's lives as a form of expressing themselves to the world. Some people use their blog to introduce new ideas, make themselves heared when no one is listening in the real world, share facts to change anothers view on a subject or even just do it as a means of communicating between friends.

In this blog I have learned how to use different websites such as Technorati, Flickr, Del.icio.us, and Blogger!

From Blogger, I have gathered that aesthetics of a page can give a really good or really bad first impression before someone has even read the content. Colour is on of the major components in aesthetics and a bright colour can capture attention as well as lose it! Not looking to busy on the layout makes it easier on your viewers eyes and loads faster; people these days don't have much patience! I recon flash and/or quicktime takes too long and sometimes doesn't work on some computers. As for content I think that it is pretty subjective to individuals. Most of my blog is fact of my interest and currently puttting some funny ones to entertain myself (and maybe some of you guys too!). Since the start I have changed the layout from the default. I recon it's pretty easy to read now as for function I recon the Del.icio.us links I have help me a lot in my work as well as in my assignments. Even now I constantly refer to them as a source of my favourite recipes that I use daily. I have used my blog as a home page in other people's computer to retrieve links that are needed at the time. Although I wouldn't have said this earlier in the year I have found Blogger quite useful! I haave used Flickr to share my pictures with my friends iin different countries, with Flickr they have been given an insght into my life here in Australia. With some of the pictures, they have taught me that for example using a wrong font in a signage can lead to many misunderstandings.

All in all, although I have not really mastered the art of blogging I have found that this amazing idea of blogging...amazing. Not just learning from whats taught in the classroom but learning from all the other classmates and could share what everone is doing at anytime at a click of the mouse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.